SJD Consulting, LLC
Terri Phillips is the principal consultant and owner of SJD Consulting, LLC where she provides management consulting services including strategic planning, project management, business analysis and facilitation services.
Terri differentiates herself with her ability to bring people together with disparate views and priorities and help them work toward a common vision. She provides value to her clients by applying ToP Facilitation Methods (Technology of Participation) which is a highly participative planning and problem-solving process.
She also provides services to support community initiatives utilizing the Collective Impact Framework. Collective Impact brings a cross sector group of partners together to work toward common goals utilizing a shared measurement system. Terri is working with many regional and national partners and her extensive network has provided tremendous opportunities for her clients.
Her clients see immediate return on investment as their outcomes and final plans realize a greater commitment by the team, are more innovative, and encourage initiative and responsibility by participants. Terri customizes these methods and practices to meet the specific needs of her clients.
Terri is currently serving a client base that includes education, human services, public health (at the county level), and other nonprofit organizations in the southeastern Wisconsin region. These clients include the United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County and Waukesha County Health and Human Services.
After receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Terri began her career at IBM as a Systems Engineer. There she provided consulting and technical services to her clients. Moving back to the Midwest in 1993, Terri continued her Information Technology (IT) career while working with an IBM Remarketer.
In 2008, Terri officially began providing consulting services to Southeast Wisconsin clients. Although her initial focus was in IT, she soon found her strength in providing management consulting services to her clients.
Over the course of the past 10 years, Terri has enhanced and expanded her skill set by receiving a project management certificate, immersing herself in the Technology of Participation (ToP facilitation methods, completing the ToP Mastery Course, and is currently working to complete a certification in the ToP methods.
Commitment to Community
In addition to her career and raising a family, Terri has spent the past 25 years dedicating her time to volunteering in her community. She has provided leadership skills in a variety of organizations:
- Kettle Moraine School Board (11 years), serving as President, Vice-President, and Board Clerk
- Coaching youth baseball, basketball, and soccer. Director of the 5-8th grade basketball program at Kettle Moraine Girls Basketball
- Currently serving on the advisory council for ERAs Senior Network
- Board of Trustees for the Women and Girls Fund of Waukesha County
"My mission is to work closely with clients, understand the challenges they face, and co-create solutions for success."
Additional training,certification and professional affiliation:
- Symposium on Continuous Improvement-Studer Education
- Project Management Certificate, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Collective Impact Framework- Tamarack Institute and The Collective Impact Forum (FSG)
- Master Certification in the ToP Facilitation Methods
- Currently working toward a Certified Trained Facilitator Certification in the ToP Methods
- Member of the Waukesha County Business Alliance
- Member of Professional Dimensions (Professional Women’s Organization in Milwaukee